THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dry Brushing update:

It's been a couple weeks of following the dry brushing method and thought I should post an update. Sadly... there is not much to update but I still felt obligated to at least write SOMETHING.

The research I have done on this method states that there are not any major visible changes for a good 5 months. I am only rounding up on month one BUT... I have noticed little things. My skin in general is smoother due to me exfoliating everyday and thats always nice. The first couple times I did it was strange for I actually felt my skin tingle from the brushing sensation. I have always had poor circulation so I believe my skin was long waiting for a good daily massage.

The process as a whole takes me nearly 45 minutes which can get on my nerves a bit but I have managed to make it a rather extravagant evening for myself. I now light a couple candles, light up my oil incense burner for a bit of aromatherapy and put on my favorite 'Chill' playlist that includes music by Thievery Corporation, Massive Attack, Tricky and others of the liking. It is now incredibly soothing. It's as if I have a day spa in my house! So while it is somewhat of a process.. I have made the best of it.

Some people believe it is best to do it first thing in the morning but I do mine in the evening time after I have gone to the gym and gone about my business. Makes me feel cleaner. I don't believe it would make much of a difference either way and feel if people are going to take the time out of their busy days to include a 45 minute regimen then they should do it at the time they feel best so they enjoy it!

I wish I had better results to report but it is early on still. I will however keep updating of course but most likely on a monthly basis. My results so far are more calming and 'taking time for myself' which may or may not be worth it for some people to try.

Cheers!

0 comments: